Tuesday 28 June 2011

Poland so far...

So it has been a while since I have written on my blog, but i have a little bit of time right now to fill you in on whats been going on.
So last week I had exams on Tuesday and Wednesday then flew out just before 10pm on Wednesday night...so yeah, a very busy week with hardly any sleep and not the greatest training, but I guess I managed.
After a 13 and a 1/2 hour flight, 6 hour stop over, 10 and a 1/2 hour flight, 2 hour stop over and a 90min flight, we arrived in Gdansk! I think all up I got about 2 hours of sleep/dozing? I really am not good at sleeping on flights :/ But I have managed to get in some really early nights :)
The first few days I managed to take it a bit easy with training, as I was definitely feeling the jet-lag quite a bit...although I am feeling a bit better every day which is good :)
We have been on some awesome terrain (hopefully i can put up a few pictures and descriptions of the maps in a few days:), and I have really got the handle on a few things pretty well :)
It is extremely fast running in places and also very dense and green in places too, so you have to know what pace to speed up and slow down to very carefully.
The weather was pretty rotten the first few days we were here, but now it has fined up a lot and we have had almost 30degree temperatures :)
Everything is extremely cheap here which is so awesome for most of us poor students :P And as we discovered, it is not alright to drink the tap water from the bathrooms...eek...so good thing big 6L bottles of water are very cheap :)
Anyway, I will leave you with a picturs and hopefully I can write on here before JWOC to let you know how it is all going :)
Running through the Polish terrain :)

2 comments:

  1. It looks awesome and so do you......go Kate!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you do look awesome! But you will look even better with medals around your neck :P

    ReplyDelete